At The UpScale Tail, we take pride in working with you and your pet. Our experience for your pet normally lasts between 3.5 to 4 hours. For multiple pet families, extra large breeds, specialty services or pets that have special needs, please be aware that we will need additional time to ensure your pet’s safety and we thank you for your understanding.
You are expected to be on time for your appointment and if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give us a call at 630) 632-8245; (331) 814-3197 or (331) 814-3907. We require 24 hour notice for any cancellations and there will be a $25.00 fee added to your bill if it is a same day cancellation, no notice and/or a no show.
New Client Deposits:
We require a nonrefundable deposit for all new clients. That nonrefundable deposit will be applied to the total balance the day of your pet’s scheduled appointment and you will be responsible to pay the remaining balance the day of the appointment.
The deposit will not be transferred or refunded if,
- If the pet does not show up for or the appointment or the appointment is canceled the same day of the scheduled appointment.
- If the guardian or owner declines the scheduled service or elects not to leave their pet with us for their scheduled appointment.
- If there is a discrepancy between pet parents or guardians regarding the pet’s grooming service, the pet has been left in our care and we are unable to start grooming process it in a timely manner due to your disagreement, unfortunately the pet will not be groomed for the day because we have other pets to groom.
Your nonrefundable deposit will be used to pay the stylist that was counting on the commission from grooming your pet.
All appointment email and text notifications contain the link to this policies page.
No Show and Same Day Cancellation Policy: We take our appointment scheduling very seriously in order to maintain proper quality and care of our pets. If you cancel your appointment after the scheduled time and/or miss your appointment 3 times, you will be required to prepay for your appointment either by physically coming into the salon or over the phone by credit card. If you miss said appointment that you have prepaid for due to your violation of our policies, you will NOT be refunded for said missed appointment. If for any reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we do require 24-hour notice, otherwise the prepaid amount is non-refundable.
Daycare Policy: Although we love having your pets in our care, we do not need to keep them all day long. If they are here for more than 5 hours you will be charged a daycare fee of $10.00 per hour. Due to our limited space, this MUST be scheduled in advance and we DO NOT provide daycare during holiday weeks/ends
Late Pickup Policy: We close at 5 PM on the weekdays and 3 PM on Saturdays. If you leave your pet with us after closing, you will be charged one dollar per minute after the first 15 minutes. If your pet is still with us one hour after close, we reserve the right to leave and your pet will have to stay at the salon overnight. If your pet stays at the salon overnight, the police department will be notified, and you will be charged $200.00 per pet in addition to your pet’s grooming fees.
Forgotten Pet Policy: If your pet is left with us and no attempt has been made by you to contact us after 2 days of abandonment, you relinquish the right to your pet/s and we reserve the right to responsibly rehome your pet.
You, your pet and our employee’s safety and wellness is very important. Please respect our following requirements and call us if you have any questions.
- In order to minimize the potential of a dangerous situation for both pets and humans, please refrain from using Flexi leashes. Feel free to Google the dangers these types of leashes pose.
- Not all dogs like one another or understand each other when one is saying BACK OFF. In order to minimize the potential of a dangerous situation for both humans and pets, please refrain from your pet having nose to nose contact with other pets in our lobby. Tangled leashes, scared or over excited pets and guardians that might not be able to read animal behaviors creates a dangerous environment for everyone involved and also becomes dangerously distracting to the pets we are grooming with very sharp equipment.
- If your dog is not disabled, please walk them in and out of the salon on a leash to boost their confidence.
- We will send your pet’s leash/collar back with you, unless someone else is picking up.
- We care for both our pet and human clients. One of our human clients was injured in the parking lot, so we require an emergency contact for all accounts, no matter the service provided.
- It is your responsibility to notify us if your pet changes animal hospitals; is on medicine; has had any changes in their medicines; medical history or behaviors. The guardian dropping off your pet will need this information and is required to fill out a form, so we can provide the best care for your pet.
- Sometimes, life can distract us from maintaining our pets at home, if your pet comes in matted, the guardian dropping off the pet will need to fill out our matted pet form.
- If you bring in treats for your pet, they have to be grain free.
- If you bring in items like treats, prescription shampoo, bows, you must label them with your pet’s 1stand last name. We will not keep them at the salon
- If you need to bring your dog in a carrier, put a towel in with your dog just in case they have an accident. We do not have a lot of storage space, and prefer that you take the carrier with you one your pet is checked in.
- For their safety, all cats, rabbits, ferrets & guinea pigs must arrive in a secure carrier with a towel in case of accidents. We will keep these pets in their own carrier during their time with us. We prefer to schedule them in the morning.
- If you have a female pet that is not spayed, that is not a show dog and she is in season/having her period, you must reschedule your appointment. Our reasoning is because it is unsanitariy and will cause all of the dogs at the salon for the day to act up and can make for dangerous behavior.
We accept cash, check, all major credit cards, ApplePay and DroidPay.