At The UpScale Tail, we take pride in working with you and your pet. Our experience for your pet normally lasts between 3.5 to 4 hours. For multiple pet families, extra large breeds, specialty services or pets that have special needs, please be aware that we will need additional time to ensure your pet’s safety and we thank you for your understanding.
We expect pets to be on time for their appointments so we do not fall behind on our daily schedule. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we require 24-hour notice.
New and Inactive Client Deposits:
We require a nonrefundable deposit for all new and returning/inactive clients. That nonrefundable deposit will be applied to the total balance the day of your pet’s scheduled appointment and you will be responsible to pay the remaining balance the day of the appointment. When scheduling appointments for services that require dedicated time such as Haircuts; Cording; HandStripping; Coloring; BBT’s & Rustic Maintenance, we expect to dedicate a specific time. Any changes in appointments must be made prior to your scheduled day and time. We are unable to change the service the day of your appointment.
The deposit will not be transferred or refunded if,
- If the pet does not show up for or the appointment or the appointment is canceled the same day of the scheduled appointment.
- If the guardian or owner declines the scheduled service or elects not to leave their pet with us for their scheduled appointment.
- If there is a discrepancy between pet parents or guardians regarding the pet’s grooming service, the pet has been left in our care and we are unable to start grooming process it in a timely manner due to your disagreement, unfortunately the pet will not be groomed for the day because we have other pets to groom.
Your nonrefundable deposit will be used to pay the stylist that was counting on the commission from grooming your pet.
Clients will receive appointment notifications at the time appointments are scheduled and a reminder before your appointment. It is their responsibility to check the provided email and/or text message accounts for those notifications and communicate with the guardian dropping off and picking up the pet for those appointments. All appointment notifications contain the link to this policies page.
No Show and Same Day Cancellation Policy:
If for any reason you need to cancel, reschedule, or modify your pet’s existing appointment, we require at least a 24-hour notice as we are unable to change grooming services the day of. For example, if the pet is scheduled for a haircut and you would prefer a BBT or vice versa, we will need to know at least 24 hours in advance so we can try to accommodate the change. This is due our employee’s expectation of the commission they will earn from grooming your pet.
If the pet/s do not show up, or the appointment is canceled with less than a 24-hour notice, you will pay a fee per pet in order to reschedule their appointment/s. (Exceptions could be taken into consideration on a case-by-case basis). Beginning January 1, 2023, we will change the way we handle our Same Day Cancellation and No-Show fees. There will be an increase from the current flat fee of $35.00 per pet to the base service price for each pet that missed their grooming appointment, minus any add on services you might normally elect. For example, if the pet’s base price is $80.00 and you add on services such as a Deshedding Treatment, Toothbrushing and Nail Filing, you would owe the base price of $80.00.
If your pet/s misses their appointment 3 times, you will be required to prepay in full for all future appointments. If you miss said appointments that you have prepaid for due to your violation of our policies, you will NOT be refunded. If you cancel your appointment according to our guidelines, your prepayment will be transferred to your rescheduled appointment.
Daycare Policy: Although we love having your pets in our care, we do not need to keep them all day long. If they are in our building for more than 5 hours, you will be charged a daycare fee of $10.00 per hour for each pet. Due to our limited space, this MUST be scheduled in advance, and we DO NOT provide daycare during holiday weeks.
Late Pickup Policy: We close at 5 PM. If you leave your pets with us after closing, you will be charged one dollar per minute after the first 15 minutes. If your pet is still with us one hour after close, we reserve the right to leave, and your pet will have to stay at the salon overnight. If your pet stays at the salon overnight, the police department will be notified, and you will be charged $250.00 per pet in addition to your pet’s grooming fees.
Forgotten Pet Policy: If your pet is left with us and no attempt has been made by you to contact us, after 2 days we will consider that abandonment, you relinquish the right to your pet/s, and we reserve the right to responsibly rehome your pet.
You, your pet and our employee’s safety and wellness are all very important to us. Please respect our following requirements and call us if you have any questions.
- We ask you to make sure your pet goes potty before coming in our salon.
- In order to minimize the potential of a dangerous situation for both pets and humans, please refrain from using Flexi leashes. Feel free to Google the severity of the dangers these types of leashes pose.
- Not all dogs like one another or understand each other when one is saying BACK OFF. In order to minimize the potential of a dangerous situation for both humans and pets, please refrain from your pet having nose to nose contact with other pets in our lobby. Tangled leashes; scared or over excited pets and guardians that might not be able to read animal behaviors creates a dangerous environment for everyone involved and also becomes dangerously distracting to the pets we are grooming with very sharp equipment.
- If your dog is not disabled, please walk them in and out of the salon on a leash to boost their confidence.
- We will send your pet’s leash/collar back with you, unless someone else is picking up.
- It is your responsibility to notify us if you need to make changes to your account; your pet is on a new medicine or changes in medicines (outside of routing care); has had any changes in their medical history or behaviors; if they are undergoing any irregular medical testing; waiting for test results or had a recent surgery. In order for us to provide your pet with the best possible care, comfort and safety, the guardian dropping off the pet will need to provide us with this information and in some cases we will ask you to have your veterinarian provide a release for grooming.
- If you bring in treats for your pet, they have to be grain free, labeled and in a sealed bag.
- Any prescription shampoos or conditioners, bows, and if you need to leave behind the pet’s gear for someone else picking up must arrive pre-labeled with your pet’s 1stand last name. We do we have time to stop & label the items for you. And due to limited space, will not keep your prescription shampoo/conditioners at the salon,
- If you need to bring your dog in a carrier, put a towel in with your dog just in case they have an accident. Due to limited space, you will have to take the carrier with you one your dog is checked in.
- For their safety, all cats, rabbits, ferrets & guinea pigs must arrive in a labeled and secure carrier with a towel in case of accidents. We will keep these pets in their own carrier during their time with us. We prefer to schedule these pets in the morning.
- If you have a female pet that is not spayed, that is not a show dog and she is in season/having her period, you must reschedule your appointment. Our reasoning is because it is unsanitary and will cause all of the dogs at the salon for the day to act up and can make for dangerous behavior.
We accept cash, check, all major credit cards, ApplePay and DroidPay.