When booking your cat’s grooming appointment at The UpScale Tail, Ltd. following this simple guide will help you understand how we schedule your cats’ appointment. Prices for cat grooming do vary based on breed, size, condition and length of coat so please call for individual pricing.
For your cat’s grooming appointment, you must bring your cat in its own individual carrier with a towel inside for it to lay on.
All of the following cat styling services will include a bath and blow dry (if the cat allows); brush and comb out; nail and pad trim if applicable, ear cleaning and sanitary shave.
- Play cut: An all over body haircut without a mane; tail style preference is up to the owner.
- Lion trim: This trim emulates a lion; the placement of the mane and tail style preference is up to the owner.
- Barbary Lion Trim: This trim was created by co-owner Kendra Otto. Check out her learn2groomdogs.com video with her own cat Spirit! This trim emulates the male Barbary Lion that is extinct today. There is a mane and a rough of hair under the belly along with a lion tail.
- Creative trims too! Mohawks, pin stripes, etc…
Professional photo credit given to Kathy Deets of The Barker Shop
CAT TAIL STYLES:
- Natural Tail: No trimming
- Bottle Brush Tail: The tail emulates the shape of a bottle brush.
- Lion Tail: There is a puff of hair on the end of the tail, resembling a Lion’s tail.
- Smooth Tail: The hair on the tail is clipped the same length as the body.
- Long Hair: Brush, card and comb; pad trim, sanitary trim
- Medium Hair: Brush, card and comb; pad trim (if applicable), sanitary trim
- Short Hair: Brush, card and comb; sanitary tri
ADD-ON & SAME-DAY SERVICES :
- Nail Clipping— Did you know that your cat should be walking on the pads of its feet and not the toe nails? When your cat is walking on its toe nails it creates more wear and tear on the joints which causes premature arthritis. Keeping the nails and pad hair short will aid in arthritis prevention. This service is included in regular grooming and can also be performed as a Same Day Service.
- Pad Trimming—Is your cat slipping around on your wood floors or tracking cat litter all over your house? By keeping the nails and pad hair short, your cat will have cleaner feet and better traction on slippery floors. Keeping the nails and pad hair short will aid in arthritis prevention. This service is included in regular grooming and can also be performed as a Same Day Service.
- Tooth Brushing—Dental health is very important to overall health and wellness of your cat! This service can be added onto a grooming or performed as a Same Day Service.
- Dental Treatment Package—This package starts off with a toothbrushing, is followed up with an application of enzymatic dental gel and a take home 2.5 ounce tube of dental gel. This service can be added onto a grooming or performed as a Same Day Service.
- Anal Gland Expression—Anal glands are normally expressed when your cat goes to the bathroom. Some pets have a hard time doing it themselves which results in licking their behind or scooting a lot. This service can be added onto a grooming or performed as a Same Day Service.
- BlueBerry Facial—Not only will your pet be treated to a relaxing and aroma-theraputic facial massage, but it’s great for whitening and brightening tear stains, brightening colors, and getting rid of stinky wrinkly faces. This is a grooming add on service only.
- Moisturizing Treatment—Does your cat have itchy, dry, problematic skin? This intense moisture packed Shea Butter bubble bath and conditioning treatment will soothe and moisturize the skin and leave the coat soft and shiny. This is a grooming add on service only.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment—This treatment is an ideal service to keep as a regular maintenance for your pets with with yeasty, problematic skin as it will add back in great minerals to your pet’s skin. It starts out with our scent free shampoo and conditioning massaging bubblebath, then the pet receives a detoxifying and mineral rebalancing rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar. Lastly, the pet is sprayed again with our special solution before drying. This is a grooming add on service only.
- Hypo Allergenic Treatment—Are you or your children allergic to your cat? This treatment has saved a lot of cats from having to be rehomed. It includes our scent free shampoo, conditioner and a special spray to cut down dander for owners who are allergic to their cats. This is a grooming add on service only and is great for both cats and a dogs!
- DeSkunking/DeOdorizing Treatment—Has your cat been skunked? No matter what you do, do not wet them first or you will spread the oils. Give us a call and we will help your nose return to normal! This service is also good for those that like to lay in their litterbox. This is a grooming add on service only.
- DeShedding Treatment—Is your cat leaving hair all over your house? This shampoo and conditioning treatment aids in ridding your cat of the undercoat it’s shedding. This is a grooming add on service only.
- DeFlea Treatments—Got Fleas? Let us help manage your problem. Did you know that fleas lay eggs and they will hatch in your house? Fleas can also cause tapeworm. What are you doing to help prevent your cat from getting fleas? This is a grooming add on service only.
Need a gift idea for an animal lover? We have gift cards!
*Prices are subject to change and may vary depending on the size of your pet, condition of the coat and trim you desire.